On the technical software market, there are several CAD software packages for producing industrial electrical diagrams, ranging from free software to very sophisticated and even complex products.
To make a choice, it is necessary to check certain points:
- functional points
- ergonomic points
- professional points
- the schematic functions must be very advanced to facilitate rapid creation of diagrams (copy/paste, symbol rotation, line break, etc.)
- some functions are essential for CAD software: cross-references for contacts and folio references, terminal blocks, cables, automatic wire numbering, parts lists and even PLC interfaces
- Imports/exports must be available for exchanges with other products, in PDFTM, AutocadTM, ExcelTM, image (png, jpg)
- the manufacturer databases must be regularly updated and easily customisable
- the schematic functions and especially the generation of terminal blocks and cables must be pushed to create and modify files
- the product must be flexible and accessible
- the functions must be easily customisable for symbols, cartridges, component database, cabinet volumes
- the number of training days should be reasonable, around 3 days (an excessive number often means complexity of handling)
- the company must be sustainable like the product
- the maintenance service must be local, not off-shore or outsourced
- the support service must be concrete, with a real accompaniment and a good reactivity
- training must be carried out by specialists
In conclusion, the choice of a CAD product in electrical schematics corresponds to its current and future degree of use.
A detailed presentation lasting about an hour will enable a relatively complete opinion to be formed of the software on display.
This presentation will help you to find the right product for your company, with advanced functions, a good service and an affordable price.
FTZ offers SchemELECT industrial electrical CAD software.